- Stroud District Council Map – Shows locations of community support groups are across the district.
- Organisations and charities that providing support for the whole of the Stroud District can be found here.
- Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person. If you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food. If you’re not sure whether your medical condition makes you extremely vulnerable, register anyway. This service is free. You can register yourself, or for someone else. Click here
- Free taxi service. Jenkins taxis are providing a free taxi service (donations appreciated) to help collect food or prescriptions for the elderly, vulnerable and lonely. Call Jenkins Taxis on 01453 542346
- If you are a carer. Gloucestershire Carers Hub can offer support, advice and help. Contact them on 0300 111 9000 or email email@example.com
- Food Bank at GL11 Community Hub – 01453 548530. Please give GL11 a call if you are in need of help with food.
- Money Advice. For help and advice around money and benefits you can call Sandra Day on 01452 505544.
- Severn Vale Community Kitchen – 01453 708338 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org Fresh cooked food delivered to door. £25 for 7 meals. (Now offering subsidised meals – If you have a GL11 postcode, would like to use our service and need financial help please call GL11 on 548530).
- GL11 has a ‘Listening Ear’ service run by a group of amazing volunteers. If you or someone you know would like a regular friendly phone call then please contact GL11 to join this service on 01453 548530 or email them direct on GLlisteners@gmail.com
- Gloucestershire Domestic Abuse Support Service (GDASS) is a county-wide service designed to reduce the level of domestic abuse and improve the safety of victims and their families. Operating in all districts offering a variety of support programmes for women and men over 16 years old who are experiencing domestic abuse. Call 01452 726570 or visit www.gdass.org.uk/referral-form/
- Age Uk Gloucestershire are offering support in three main ways. Their Help Team are available Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm to help older people resolve specific problems on 01452 422660. They have a Out of Hospital Team to support older people recently discharged from hospital available Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm on 01452 420937/420928. They also now have a new Freephone telephone number for people who are alone and who want to have a friendly conversation with a staff member or volunteer by calling 0800 2980579.
- Gloucestershire Young Carers – work with young carers to develop information and resources that can help young people understand their situation, how to look after themselves, and how to get further help. Contact 01452 733060 or visit their website.
- Dursley Delivers – Network of local shops
Please call one of your high street shops for a home delivery. Phone the shop that has what you want and either pay by card over the phone or place money (pre-washed in hot soapy water) or a cheque in a sealed envelope on the doorstep. Your goods will be swapped for the envelope. The local small traders that are able to remain trading are:
Newscentre 01453 542036
Tom Arnold (Global TV) 07432 204470 (for delivery help)
Belles Kitchen 01453 549962
Dursley Post Office 01453 54251
Mandy Woodward 07807236353
Dursley Town Council 01453 547758
Cam Catering Butchers 01453 890254
Hewitt 01453 542157
The Welsh Cake lady 07580033998
Rosebery Road Co-op 01453 545243
Lorraine Patrick 07881581189 (for County Council enquiries and delivery help)
If you have any other queries then please give us a call here at GL11 on 01453 548530 or email us email@example.com and we will do our best to help.